Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2009

it's bliss!

We know her, we love love love her. I darling e-friend to me as I began my little art blog is Traci. We know her as Mrs. French, of the popular blog Bliss, and we like her her just that way. I have to tell you the truth here. I really feel that there are far too many people people running blogs that have poor taste, and some of the very same people tend to have alot of readers. (Maybe that says something about america?) But not the case when it comes to Ms French and her readers- her picks are simple and very chic in an effortless way. When we found out we owned a few of the same items I felt my eye was sharp that week.
Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my favorite images from her etsy page and tell you a bit about about our friend and her photography. She currently uses a Nikon d80 after a little accident with a d40x (mabel)- for those of you in the camera market. Here is what she says about finding insiration in her hometown.

" I find inspiration everywhere! I think I live in one of the most inspirational areas of the world. Portland is such a cool city, the gray skies are an added bonus for me. Oregon is amazing, mountains coastline, amazing vegetation...magical! I also find inspiration through my son, he inspires me everyday. Finally, I am addicted to exploring the work of others...through etsy, flickr, blogs...etc. If your surround yourself with beauty you can't help but capture it."

I love that. French has a great sense of style and says that style should be effortless which shows in her picks throughout the week- but especially in her Monday picks, which I never miss. She swears she doesn't think about those picks but just bookmarks those babies! If you haven't checked this out- which I know you have- please do.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen