Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2009

Where I really want to be right now is

Beijing. Chinese New Year is two weeks away and I'd love to soak in all the festive mood to remind me of so many great childmood memories. Then again I wish that every year, what is so different this year is that there is this Dior exhibition at the UCCA. Christian Dior recently commissioned a set of top Chinese artists to work with some of their archive pieces, the artists were asked to basically artistically express Dior.

a recreation of the Dior atelier in white porcelain by the ceramicist Liu Jianhua

Li Songsong’s 23-feet high Lady Dior Bag is made out of carefully interlaced fluorescent tubes - so want to see this in person!


These photos by Quentin Shih are so stunning, the series is named "The Stranger in The Glass Box", you can see more photos here.

The ticket price? 15 yuan, that's about $2 or £1.50!!! So envy of those currently in Beijing & currently walking around the exhibition now!

PS: currently experimenting with blog layouts at the moment, I'm trying to see if I can post bigger images. Anyway, yesterday's playing around was a huge disaster, somehow I managed to mess up my blog header image so can no longer display one (the current one is set as background) & also LOST ALL MY BLOG LINK LISTS! I had to rejog my memory pretty hard to recreate one but since it was 2am in the morning, I probably left someone out, so please let me know if you were on the link list so I could add you again, apologies!

(images from Dior, selectism.com & quentinphotography)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen